Monday, April 30, 2007

Beck and call

If you are expecting something profound from this post, now might be a good time to stop reading. I am sick to death of people thinking I'm at their beck and call. Here's a news flash: I've got other things on my mind and they don't involve you! I have so many demands on my time as most of us who have a life do. Everyone wants something from me. I've been turned every which way but loose, and I am in desperate need of the vacation I've got coming up next week. Writing isn't the problem, that's what I love. The problem is getting everything else to piss off long enough to accomplish anything.

I realize I'm not the only one who feels this way, so don't write me some whinny assed letter about how I'm not the only one under stress. I know that, I'm not a moron. I consider this a form of therapy. At the moment it isn't possible to talk this out with one of my friends, (yes I actually have friends) so I'm getting it out the only way I can so I can get on with my life.

We've all had those moments where we just wanted to scream. I remember the passage from the book of Joshua chapter 10, verses 12-14 12 "Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
13And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
14And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel."


There are days that I would truly like to make the sun stand still, or the moon to wait a bit longer before sunrise so that I can get something accomplished. It's true that in the time I took to write this message I could have accomplished something else, but I needed a break. If my phone rings one more time I might pull it out of the wall. So, don't write and bitch at me for having a fit, say a prayer for me, because I need it.

No comments: