Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What writing means to me

Recently I was in a situation where I finally put into words what writing means to me. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is what I was meant to do with my life. I know it like I've never known anything else. This dream that I've put on hold for so long has finally begun to show itself once again. All of my life has been leading to this. Seeing this dream that I've held so dear finally come to fruition is like watching your kids grow up. It's that dear to my heart and that much a part of me.

I tried to tell someone what writing feels like and this is what I came up with: It feels like that moment when you first realize that you're in love. Every time I start to write it's like falling in love all over again. Who wouldn't want to do that? Is there really anyone out there who wouldn't like to fall in love each day? I don't know about you, but if I found a job that made me feel that way (and I have) I can't imagine wanting to do anything else.

So, here's to you all. May you find your dream and if you've already found it, may you have the opportunity to live it.

No comments: