Thursday, December 20, 2007

What do you do late at night?

I'm sitting here listening to the rain. I have a book that I meant to finish editing, and a video game that I meant to finish playing. *sigh* I just can't seem to get away from the sound of the rain.

It's shushing sigh against my window pane is such a cleansing sound. It makes me smile. It makes me take a deep breath and wonder why I'm in such a hurry again. Where have I really got to go that can't wait a few hours?

It's been raining here (Florida) since about 2:00 this afternoon. That's not unusual for this time of year. At least, not in Florida. It's a damn good thing that I like rain. LOL I'm not sure how we ever got named the "sunshine state." All we ever get are freaking rainstorms and hurricanes (which is like an extreme badass rainstorm on crack, for those who have never experienced one.)

Ah, I have to stop typing. The clicking sound of my fingers hitting the keys is interfering with my enjoyment of the rain. Good night.

No comments: