Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Insomnia and Stress

I would say it's a vicious cycle, but it's more like a vicious unicycle and I can't keep my balance. I've had 20 minutes sleep in the past 24 hours. By the time I finally get to sleep that will be 20 minutes sleep in the last 36 hours.

I won't get into all the details but I've got a lot of crap going on at the moment. Once that gets settled I plan to start working on my next book. I've got several ideas bouncing around in my sleep deprived mind at the moment and once I get some rest I'll see which one feels like the right direction to take.

I'm trying to decide between a re-write of what I think is a really good story I'd just like to add in a few more elements and give it an overall different feel yet maintain the same general plot. Or a completely new idea I've been toying with for a couple of months.

If I do the re-write, it will be my first. Normally I write the story I intend to write the first time. And though I feel the love story is one of the most compelling I've ever told, there are some other things that I feel would add to the story and therefore make it much more interesting beyond the main character's love life. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

There has been, through no fault of my own or my families or my publisher (it's not that kind of problem) unnecessary drama in my life lately. Like I said, I'm not going to get into it here or anywhere else. Just mentioning it at all helps me to cope. I try to the best of my ability to maintain professionalism and to speak of the details would be extremely unprofessional. But I am upset and writing about it, however indirectly, is therapy for me. LOL

Hopefully all will be well soon and I'll be back to doing what I love, writing something that I hope my readers and friends will enjoy.

No comments: