Saturday, July 12, 2008

To Bade or not to Bade?

I really can't decide. For those of you not acquainted with the character Bade Garren, here's a little taste.

He threw back his head and laughed. The pale gold of his hair clung to his face and neck. The small place where my sliver blade had nicked him had already begun to heal. With my eyes I traced the water that cascaded over his lovely features and tried to fight what I was feeling. I wanted Bade too, physically at least. Who could blame me?
Bade wasn’t handsome in the classical sense of the word. He looked like an angel. Not the fat little cherubs, but the warriors. The tall magnificently crafted cherubim of legend. He was the essence of sin, captured in the embodiment of heaven. What could be more appealing than the devil trapped in an angel’s body? He knew all the wrong things to do, and had all the right equipment to do it with.


Bade plays a much larger part (pun intended) in book 6, which I'm working on now. I won't give everything away, since I've only just turned in book 4, Original Sin, to my publisher. However, without divulging plot, I can say that he's in this book a lot more and I'm really enjoying it. I enjoy every book I write, but I've been waiting a long time to talk more about Bade. *sigh*

No comments: