Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy first day of November!

I hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween. I had a stomach ache, so we stayed in and watched Goosebumps. LOL Not as bad as it sounds. I actually enjoy Goosebumps.

It's been a few days since I've been online. But in that time I finished the book I was working on and have done a lot of research. Plus, I've started on my TBR (to be read) pile again:) I'm going to take a few weeks to catch up on other things before polishing my manuscript and sending it to my publisher. I feel like my editing efforts always work out better that way.

Anywho, the book I just finished is called Diary of an Incubus. Here's my favorite paragraph.

He watched me for several minutes before saying anything else. I took the opportunity to observe him more closely too. I couldn’t help myself. He put his hands on my hips as we moved and I liked it. His touch was possessive, yet gentle. And the more I was near him, the more I wanted his hands on me. The top few buttons on his shirt were open and I moved my hand to touch that small expanse of flesh. I shuddered at the contact and so did he. Skin against skin, it was so wrong, so sinful to touch him. He was the monster underneath my bed and all I wanted to do was pull him under the covers with me. Every move, every smile, every subtle gesture spoke to me. And they all said, “I want to do bad things to you.”

No comments: