Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hunting Season and Batman

No, I'm not hunting Batman. Although ... that could be interesting:) Actually, I hate hunting season with a passion. It provides me with some time to myself, however, it often wakes me up at the buttcrack of dawn. And I'll be honest, I'm not that fond of buttcracks. Dawn's or anybody else's. LOL

So anyway, I was up obscenely early this morning and ended up watching Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. It's an old show (1993) but I'm not going to give anything away if you haven't seen it. I used to watch the old animated series regularly, but I never got around to watching this before today. I loved it. Yes, it's animated but that doesn't stop it from being better than most live-action movies.

Seeing as how I'm such a huge fan, I'm surprised I hadn't watched it before now. Well, not really huge ... I'm only five foot four. hahahahahahahaha Sorry, not enough sleep and NO caffeine. Bear with me. When my brain gets sleep deprived for long enough I turn into a comedian. Or at least, I think I do. Other than that I'm just a jerk. Nice combination:) So now I'm a sleep deprived jackass who finds my own jokes funny. Ah, feels just like junior high school all over again.

I think my favorite part in the whole show was when Joker picked up this huge piece of salami and started beating a woman in the face with it. *snort* Come on, doesn't anyone else see the awful pun besides me? LOL Surely I'm not the only one thinking of numerous meat beating jokes even as I type:) And in the FACE? HA!

If you don't think it's funny, that's alright. (*sniff* But you hurt my feelings.) Trust me, it's best that I get all the bad jokes out of my system now before I start writing. Oh yeah, I started a new book Wednesday night. I'm calling it Wicked City. So far, I'm completely in love with the bad guy. As usual. I'd better hurry up and introduce the hero before this story gets really messed up. It's going great though. This is another urban fantasy along the same lines as Eden (April 09). However, to my knowledge some of the stuff I'm doing in this book has never been done. I'm throwing in whatever fits with the "dark and brooding" feel of this story. It is by far the darkest thing I've ever written and I've only just begun. I mean that literally, the city is suffering from power outages. hahahahahaha

Seriously, it is sort of creepy. But I like it that way. Oh, and did I mention there's lots of hot vampires and a few drool worthy werewolves? Oh, yeah. It's time to get to work ... and to the coffee pot.

No comments: