Friday, May 15, 2009

Blah, Blah, Blah

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. I've been really busy with a little of this and that. One of my friends is about to have a baby any day now, so I've been spending some time with her. We've been crab fishing and to the beach several times. (Yes, the pregnant lady too. lol) None of us particularly like the sun, so we've been going at night. lol

Besides that, I've started a new book. The working title is The Night Shift. It's a space opera, my very first. If you're wondering what a space opera is, please dismiss ideas of someone in a phantom mask singing about his loneliness in space. hahahha

A space opera is like a soap opera, it just takes place in space. Of course, there are other more genre specific things that define it, but that's a pretty simple way to sum it up.

I should be writing right now. I'm really running on empty here. I've been too busy. I need to be working, plus I think I should just go ahead and realize that my critique partner is gone. Not to get into details, but I think the part of her life where she listens to (and helps proof read) my stories is over. I should just suck it up and get used to doing it by myself.

Holy crap I'm tired. I'm gonna try to get some writing done before I have to go to my other job.

No comments: