Friday, May 13, 2011

Guest Blogger - Wynter Daniels





My Writing Buds


When I left my day job five years ago to pursue my dream of writing romance, I never realized that I was taking two special friends on the journey with me. Not only have they been at my side (or at least, at my feet) every step of the way, but they’ve commiserated with me when I stumbled and celebrated with me when I achieved.

Tinker is the female and she’s reminded me that even when my heroines must kick some butt, they still have a feminine side. She’ll hunt down a lizard then take up a dainty position on the rug. Check out her ladylike pose.




And just like most of my heroines, she often finds herself in a jam. As evidence, see the next photo.

Bloo, my other companion, can be domineering and bullish, but he has his sensitive side. Just look at him exposing his soft underbelly!

In fact, he shows that feminine side a lot. His favorite toy is a pink beanie baby bear that he carries all through the house then wrestles with. And check out his bed.

Okay, so maybe he wants me to write M/M romances, but I’m resisting. He’s very different from Tinker. He is a purebred Russian Blue and we suspect he was abused or at least neglected before we adopted him from a pet rescue association. He was three or four years old and no one could tell us exactly what he’d been through. He’s lived with us for six years and he spent the first two years learning to trust us.



Tinker, on the other hand, also came to us by way of a pet rescue person, but the difference was she was born there. She was still a kitten when we got her and she’d been cared for from birth. I must admit, in the ten years she’s been with us, she’s been a totally pampered puss.



My two cats come from completely different worlds, but they now live together in relative peace. Will and Megan, the hero and heroine from Protective Custody also come different worlds. Will’s family is wealthy, the country club set. Megan was raised by her working class grandmother after her father ran out on her and her mother died. Will they get their happy ever after? You’ll have to read the book to find out!



Do you have a special pet or pets that help you do your job in some way?
Thanks so much to Tracey for having me here today!

Protective Custody – Available from Carina Press
Witness to a murder, but no one will believe her…

Shocked by the brutal crime she witnesses through the window of her small office, Megan Jackson calls the police and is devastated when they question the truth of her story. With no body and no evidence of a crime, she’s written off as a nutcase.

Megan suspects the killer saw her face. Terrified, she calls the only person she can trust—her ex-boyfriend and former police officer, Will McCoy.

Despite a devastating breakup, Will jumps at the chance to help the woman who broke his heart. When the killer ramps up the stakes, Will is forced to take her into hiding—where the passion they once shared reignites, deeper and hotter than ever. But can Will keep Megan alive long enough to win back her heart?




Wynter Daniels lives in Central Florida with her husband of more than twenty years and their two nearly grown children. They are all the slaves of two very demanding cats. After careers in marketing and the salon industry, Wynter’s wicked prose begged to be set free. She writes for several publishers including Carina Press, Ellora’s Cave, Loose Id and Red Sage.




Join her Facebook fan page HERE and her Yahoo! Group HERE. She loves to hear from readers, but only if it’s good.


Find Wynter on the web at http://www.wynterdaniels.com/






Text Copyright © 2011 by Wynter Daniels
Cover Copyright © 2011 by Harlequin Enterprises Limited
Permission to reproduce text granted by Harlequin Books S.A. Cover Art used by arrangement with Harlequin Enterprises Limited. All rights reserved. ® and ™ are trademarks owned by Harlequin Enterprises Limited or its affiliated companies, used under license.

No comments: