Thursday, June 30, 2011

It has nothing to do with sandpaper underwear

It's been a rough month and not just because I decided to try on some sandpaper underwear. Ha. Ha. Ha. Everything in the world has gone wrong. Thank God I still have my health. Seriously, I am very thankful to have my body (at least that works) fully functioning and still capable of exercise and hopefully losing weight.

It’s been a while since I was able to blog, so I thought you all might find it entertaining to hear why I’ve been absent. At the very least it’s worth a laugh. Or maybe you can relate?

First of all, I’ve had some financial issues. (Anyone who has experienced this knows the stress I'm talking about.) Obviously, I’m not going to get into all that in public, but I can say it’s been a trial. And for the record, I am not rich. So many people think that because you’re a published writer that makes you rich. NOT. (Wow, I’m having a 90’s flashback) My royalties add up to about a part-time income. I’m hoping to change that with hard work and more stories, but I digress.

Aside from the financial stuff, my fridge is leaking, the air in my SUV is broken and it’s ball boiling hot here in Florida right now. We’re talking highs in the 100’s and a humidity level of about 80%. Bleh.

My poor little dog Roscoe is having allergy issues (as am I) because of the drought we’re experiencing. All the dust has us worked up. So, he’s having to wear one of those goofy looking collars to keep from scratching his ears so hard. I include this not only because he looks funny, but because I have to baby him more because of it. He gives me that little face that seems to say, “Mommy, why do I have to wear this damn thing?” And before you know it, I’ve spent an hour watching TV and petting him. HA.

Sooo, where was I? Oh, yeah. To top it all off, my computer (Dell piece of CRAP) crashed for the second time since January. I’ve been out of commission for almost a month. Just as I was beginning a new story too. As it turns out, the motherboard (yeah, it’s a MOTHER all right) keeps going out. This time, they replaced the entire hard drive.

During this time I had a new release that I couldn’t even promote. If you’d like to check it out, the title is Fate’s Embrace and I’m very proud of my second book with Ellora’s Cave.
http://www.jasminejade.com/p-9422-fates-embrace.aspx

Now the good news! As of last week, (thanks to my husband who is handy, has a nice tan, and a cute goatee) the air in the SUV is fixed. Hallelujah!

And as of last night, thanks to God, the repair man, and ME, the computer and all my files are finally restored. As of right now, I am getting back to work on that story. And making a point to avoid sandpaper underwear.

No comments: