Saturday, January 7, 2012

We should build each other up, not tear each other down

I do not understand the need some people seem to have. We've all met or in some way encountered them, people who thrive on negativity. Regardless of your religious beliefs (because this is NOT a post about religion), most people will agree that we shape our own reality to some extent.

By that I mean if you are a cruel, mean-spirited, abusive person, you will inevitably draw others of like disposition to yourself. You get back what you give out. I for one don't want to plant that kind of seed.

I've seen it too many times in my own life to not believe. Naturally, random things will happen. People will say cruel things you didn't deserve. Why? I don't know. But what I do know is that they are probably miserable. Those who lash out most, do so because of their deep levels of depression, jealousy and/or despair. That's not my speculation, it's a proven fact. Misery it seems, really does love company.

But you know what? If you're a positive person, they won't be sharing your company for long. Them or their misery.

Positivity counts! It really does. I firmly believe that you get what you expect to get out of life. Believe every day (and say it out loud) that good things are coming your way. Declare boldly that you are a success. You deserve nothing less.

Those people who lash out for no reason and deliver cruelty to others are digging their own hole. Years from now when you are prosperous and successful, they will still be miserable.

The way to success is not to tear others down, it's to lift them up. I treat others the way I would want to be treated. No, I'm not perfect, but I support my fellow authors. I speak kind words to those who need to hear them and unless severely provoked, I'm not an asshole.

The best way to get what you want out of life (like say kindness from others as an example) is to give it to someone else. I feel sorry for those who feel compelled to give out nothing but bitterness and spite.

Life is too short to waste time being miserable or trying to make others that way. I want to be happy. I choose to be happy. And I refuse to let anyone ruin my happiness.

5 comments:

Tina R said...

Hi Tracey, I agree 100%. I have come across many people like this & I don't know about you, but to me it's like they drain my energy & make me depressed.
purpleunicorn19 (at) yahoo

Tracey H. Kitts said...

Absolutely. I think that's their intention. But we can't let them win:)

Kayelle Allen said...

Totally get this and agree wholeheartedly. I tend to be rather empathic and pick up on negativity as well as positive vibes quickly. I steer clear of the negative nellies and downer dans of the world. *_* I go hunting for positive pollies and energetic edwards instead. ^_^

Tracey H. Kitts said...

LOL Me too. I've always been very empathic as well. It continues to shock me how awful people are to others with no regard for how it acutally hurts themselves.

Talk2Q said...

For some reason, some mean people draw attention. Maybe some people think that if they friend them, then it will prevent them from being the target of their misery. Yeah, that never works. I avoid negative people like the plague. I don't need someone else to bring me down. If something unfavorable happens in my life, I try to stay positive and just play the hand that I'm dealt.