Thursday, March 29, 2012

An Interview with Gabrielle Bisset






THK: Tell me about yourself. Anything you would like readers know about you?


GB: My name is Gabrielle Bisset and I write erotic romance in the paranormal and historical subgenres. By day, I teach college students history, hoping to convince them that history is more than boring facts and dates (which it is). I live in Pennsylvania with my teenage son and a herd of pets (I can't say no to strays).


THK: Tell me about your current and upcoming releases. Please include a blurb and a link to where the book can be purchased.


GB: My current release is Blood Avenged, the first book in my new Sons of Navarus series.




Here's the blurb:


I am everything you desire. I am vampire.
Powerful and manipulative, Vasilije does as he pleases. A vampire beholden to no one, he takes what he desires, drinking deeply the pleasures this life has to offer.When one of his own is staked, Vasilije must travel to New Orleans to exact his revenge. There he meets Sasa, a beautiful woman who arouses him like no other has for centuries. Vasilije’s need for vengeance is equaled only by his passion for her, but what he finds in his revenge is just the beginning...

Blood Avenged is available now. For buy links and a steamy excerpt, readers can visit my blog at http://gbisset.blogspot.com/p/blood-avenged.html

And coming this May, the next book in the series, Blood Betrayed, will be released. Here's the blurb:

I am everything forbidden. I am vampire.


Haunted by betrayal, Saint hides in the human world, giving his heart to no one and finding the only solace from his past in the arms of human women. Now as the Archons begin their takeover of the vampire world, this Son of Navarus has been marked for death.


Summoned to defeat the Archons by the world that shunned him, Saint must face his past and Solenne, the woman he loved and lost a century ago, for only in accepting her will his body and soul finally find salvation.


THK: What genre do you write in? What drew you to write in that genre?


GB: I primarily write in the paranormal romance genre. I've always loved anything supernatural, so it's natural that the paranormal genre is a favorite of mine. Vampires and my own creation, Aeveren, fascinate me, and the paranormal genre lets me take my imagination wherever it wants to go.


THK: How many books have you written? How many have been published?


GB: I've written many books, some of which are still sitting quietly in a drawer. However, six of my books are published. Blood Avenged, Stolen Destiny, Destiny Redeemed, Vampire Dreams, Love's Master, and Masquerade. The first three are novel length books, but the last three are novellas. They can be found in a one volume book entitled The Victorian Erotic Romance Trilogy.


THK: What would you say is your most interesting writing quirk?


GB: I hand write everything, including the novels, before I type them. This means I tend to write no more than a couple thousand words in a sitting. It also means I edit as I write. Most people find this quirky.


THK: What is the hardest part of writing?


GB: The hardest part of writing for me is finding the time. I work full time and home school my son, so I don't have a lot of time. When I finally get the time to sit down and write, I've got ideas pouring out of my pen!


THK: What do you read for fun when you’re not writing?


GB: I love romance, but mysteries are also huge favorites of mine. And anything historical always piques my interest, especially ancient and medieval history.


THK: Any words of encouragement for unpublished writers?


GB: Learn all you can and remember that you can tell your story best. Use what you learn to make your book the best it can be.


Links:Website: Gabrielle Bisset








Great interview! Thank you so much for being my guest today. :) LOVE THE COVERS TOO!



1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

I know I commented before,but my guess is that blogger ate the comment. LOL Thanks for having me here today, Tracey! It was fun talking shop. :)