Saturday, October 13, 2012

I HATE politics

Don't worry, this post isn't about my political views. I will not try to push my opinions on anyone else. It's a rant about the election season and how I'm ready for it to be over. Actually, to even say that I'm ready for the election to be finished is such an understatement.

It's not just the presidential stuff either. Local political commercials make it nearly impossible to watch TV. Every single commercial break it's the same crap, over and over.

I have not and I will not tell anyone in any public forum what my personal views are. They are personal. We each have the right to choose who we vote for. That's what's great about America. I have never seen an election make people so hateful to each other before. If you even look like you support an opposing candidate, supporters of the other guy think that gives them the right to be rude to you, or start spouting their views as if you asked.

As of this moment I am stunned. I just got blocked on Facebook by someone I've been friends with for 5 years. Why? Because of the election.

First let me say one thing. I clicked "like" on the pages of BOTH presidential candidates  Why? So I could read updates. If there's an article posted about them, I will see this in the update. I thought it might help me to make a more informed decision.

Apparently this "friend" saw only the "like" for the candidate he hates. He therefore took it upon himself to send me a video full of propaganda (which can be made to sound any way at all depending on editing) and asked, "your really voting for this guy tracy?" with a frowny face. Not only did he use the wrong form of "your" as opposed to "you're," he spelled my name wrong as well.

I wrote back, "I am not going to get into a political discussion. We are all given the right to choose. That's what's great about America."

He cursed at me, called me stupid, and then had the nerve to say, "Good luck with your books. Bye Tracey."

What the crap? I never even said I supported the guy he was talking about.

I know, this blog normally talks about writing techniques, my writing, or marketing. However, occasionally I also include bits of my life. This is one of those bits.

Do me a favor and don't post any comments in favor of anyone. This blog wasn't about supporting a specific candidate. I'm just ranting about how people are treating each other over the election.

I needed to get this off my chest, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced this craziness.





3 comments:

Tracey H. Kitts said...

I just saw a fellow author on Facebook threatening violence against people who disagreed with their views. Good grief. Yes, I blocked them.

David Kentner -- KevaD said...

Never discuss politics, religion, or ex-spouses. None of the three ever go away, and you can't win an arguement with any of them.

Tracey H. Kitts said...

I agree. That's why I thought I made the right choice in refusing to discuss my views with the loon who blocked me. Apparently, there was no right answer there.