Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What I’m grateful for

With Thanksgiving nearly upon us, I thought I would take a minute and list 10 things I’m grateful for this year.

As I wrote the list just now the most amazing thing happened. I realized how truly blessed I am. Not that I had doubts. Ha. Ha. There’s something about putting your thoughts to paper (or screen) that seems to make them more real.

What are you most grateful for this year? I've listed the first 10 things that came to mind, in no particular order.

1. I’m grateful for my family. All of them, even the ones who annoy me. I could be all alone in the world.

2. I’m grateful for my friends that have stuck by me over the years. I love them dearly.

3. I’m grateful for my dogs Sam and Roscoe. They make me smile every single day. That’s always a good thing.

4. I’m thirty pounds lighter than I was at this time two years ago. I’m very grateful for that.

5. I’m grateful that both my parents are still living. I know many who are not so fortunate.

6. I’m grateful to still be with the man I chose all those years ago.

7. I’m grateful for all the books I've written, and all the new ideas that continue to come to me. I've been blessed with imagination.

8. I am grateful for the fall weather and the need to build a roaring fire once again.

9. I’m grateful that I only have to wait one more month to watch The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Yes, I actually included that on my list. I've loved these stories since I was little.

10. I’m grateful that I have so many things to be thankful for that making a list was difficult because I had to pick only a few.





No comments: