Monday, December 24, 2012

Please pray for Sam

My dog Sam was hit by a car late last night and he looks horrible. His right eye is protruding from the socket from swelling and tissue damage. According to the vet he will most likely be blind in that eye regardless. Please help me pray the swelling will go down and he will at least look semi-normal, and possibly retain some sight.

Sam has been my companion for nearly 6 years and this is breaking my heart so much I don't have words to describe it. The vet said he will live, but my poor baby will never look the same. He was so beautiful. I will love him no matter what, but it is killing me to look at him and not do anything. I feel like I should be able to fix this because I love him so much.

He found me when I needed a friend and I would do anything for him. I've never been much of a Christmas person, but talk about a terrible holiday. My poor Sam. I can't stop crying. It doesn't help that I have a terrible cold and can't breathe through my nose at all.

I just wish I could rewind to yesterday and stop this. I feel like it's my fault somehow, that there must be something I could have done. I feel so helpless.

No comments: