Monday, December 31, 2012

Sam is improving

Those of you who read my last post already know my dog Sam was hit by a car. First, I'd like to express my heartfelt thanks for everyone who responded on Facebook to say they were praying for him, or sending positive thoughts. Those thoughts and prayers have definitely been felt and appreciated.

Sam is in good spirits. He is playful and looking better. The swelling in his right eye is still really bad, however, it is improving. At this point he doesn't have infection and it looks like he will be able to keep his eye. Oh, and the swelling has gone down enough that he can close his eye, which is really helping him to heal.

He is responding well to the meds and resting well also. Other than his right eye, he looks perfect. He has no other visible injuries and none internal that can be detected other than some bruising behind his eye.

At first I was so angry. I wondered why this happened and why it had to happen to such a kind and gentle dog like Sam. Then I realized how very grateful I am that he is still alive. Yes, he was hurt badly. But my baby will live. He is still my Sam and I love him so much I can't accurately describe it. When I look at Sam (or my little dog Roscoe) I literally feel the love. My companions make me a better person with the unconditional love they give to me. Sam deserves no less than all my love as he recovers.

Please continue to keep him in your prayers. He is family to me. I begin this new year well aware of how very blessed I am that he is a part of my life.

No comments: