Monday, December 16, 2013

Holiday survival tips

I only have a few tips to share. First of all, AVOID everyone that you feel is a complete and utter asshat. If that is impossible, try some of the drink recipes below. LOL

The following drinks are from the menu at Original Sin, Dracula's nightclub in the Lilith Mercury series. All ingredients should be mixed to taste. Oh, and did I mention that I invented most of them? Yep. I tried them out on a friend of mine as well. I wanted to be sure that the names were catchy, and the flavors weren't nasty. ;)



Angel’s Halo: Raspberry Vodka & White Godiva Liqueur

The Devil’s Kiss: Vodka, White Godiva Liqueur & Cinnamon Schnapps

Bottled Sin: Raspberry Infused Vodka & Cranberry Juice



Original Sin: White rum, Apricot brandy, Lemon juice, Superfine sugar, Grenadine



If you're looking for something to go with all these great drinks, here's my favorite chili recipe.


Heaven & Hell Chili


2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 


2 pounds hamburger, 


1 large onion (optional) I replace this with 1 tbs crushed garlic,


chopped jalapenos, you can use fresh ones or out of the can. I use the veg oil to lightly 


brown my peppers.  


1 package chili seasoning mix, or you can experiment with your own seasonings, 


3 drops (or more) of hot sauce, 


1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes with juice, 


1 8 oz can tomato sauce, 


1 28 oz can dark red kidney beans, drained, 


1 28 oz can light red kidney beans, drained, 


1 1/2 tablespoons powdered chocolate (you can use the baking kind or Nesquick.  )


1 4.5 oz can chopped chilies, drained. Trust me, this chili is awesome. 




Happy Holidays! May you avoid the asshats and have a great time! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tracey, definitely going to try the chili

Tracey H. Kitts said...

You're very welcome. :) I hope you enjoy it.