Friday, March 7, 2014

I'm working as fast as I can

I get a lot of emails asking about the next book in the Lilith series, and that's awesome. While I do my best to get back with everyone, I thought it might be easier if I answered some general questions here.

The Bleeding Heart, Book 6, is scheduled for release in October. I know it's a while to wait, but quality takes time. Self-publishing has a bad enough rap without me not giving a book the attention it deserves before I put it out for the public. The draft for this one is already finished, but I also have to wait for my editor to read it. We'll probably both read it several more times before it is released.

I'm currently working on the seventh and final book in the series, After Dark. I want to have time to finish the first draft of this book and read straight through books 6 and 7 to check for continuity. Since this will finish up the series, I want to be sure I don't leave anything out. 

I have been writing this series off and on since 2006 and I want it to finish in the same spirit that it began. In order to do that, I need time.

I have other projects in the works. Plus, writing is my full-time job. I manage my own website as well as plan my marketing and other financial matters. That all takes time as well. 

On a more personal note, I have been under a tremendous amount of stress. This also slows down the writing process because I don't want my stress level to interfere with the quality of my work. So, I keep taking a step back and making sure everything is what it should be. Today for example, has been horrible. This is the first I've gotten to sit down at the computer and it is nearly 5 p.m. Oh, and we've got company coming over later. That gives me exactly 2 hours to write something and (hopefully) get a shower. 

My point is, I'm working as fast as I can and I do my best to write every day. I don't want people to think that I set a date in October just to be a dick. LOL I've got a lot of other things going on. Plus, I have this other thing called a life that I need to devote some more attention to. I've got a family and two dogs. There are many things that I'm responsible for and I try to do them all well.

I love these characters like another part of myself. So, when I take my time in finishing the series, it's not to piss anyone off, it's to give my friends the farewell that they deserve.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you have a life outside being a author people need to remember that when they go off the rails. Why can't you write faster how long can a book take gee fans can get down right ugly which puts major stress on authors your only human and can do so much before one breaks family is first. Fans who love this series or any of your books can wait never spread your self to thin because it might show up in your writing. Writing a good book isn't easy and everyone needs to understand that we will get another one soon all good things take time and family should be number 1.

Tracey H. Kitts said...

Thank you. (((hugs)))

I am hard at work at this very moment on the 7th book in the Lilith series.